Sunday, January 13, 2008

chennai

Hey,

The blog is just 2 posts old and I am already getting a bit obsessed with it. I am constantly thinking about a topic for my next post, keep checking the blog for any new comments, keep pestering my friends to check out my posts and leave comments and the works!The big thing that I was to share with you all, wasn’t all that good, so no point whinning about it here. I am

a lil upset, that is the reason why I decided to write this post, just to take my mind off it. I heard it somewhere that when you feel stressed out or are feeling a bit low, it helps if you try to think about happy things – happy people u met, happy places you visited. I have decided to do the latter.



I took a trip to Chennai 2 months back to attend a cousin’s wedding and totally fell in love with it.This trip changed my perception about the city complete.
The moment you step out of the Chennai train station, there are just 2 smells that the city greets you with – that of incense and

food!!!! And these smells are not just limited to the train station, but follow you where ever you go around the city:)The roads are not that wide and the traffice is just plain maddening! Chennai is a big fan of BIG hoardings, outdoor advertising can’t get any bigger! Few hoardings were as huge as a movie screen in multiplexes, many were bigger than that – amazed me totally!at one point of time I was actually gwaking at them with my mouth wide open!!! Second obervation - saw many women on 2-wheelers, something which isin’t that common in Delhi.

Another observation – people there seem to have just two things to do – shop for saris and shop for gold.T-nagar, which is one of the shopping hubs, remains crowded at all times during the day. The market just overflows with people either coming out of the many sari shops there or from one of those selling gold. Even if the price of gold were sky rocketing, no one seems to bother!the size of the sari stores would give any 5 star hotel a run for their money. And the variety in saris that one gets is just amazing ,and they are dirt cheap as well!! The whole experience was quite an memorable one.Though I had gone there to attend a wedding, these are the thngs that I remember the most abt the trip.

Will be more than happy if any of u want to share such experiences with me:)

Till next time
Love
me


1 comment:

rajesh.hobbes said...

Hi all,
Before i write anything, fyi - i am the guy in this girl's life. Luv her like anything and feel blessed to have her in my life.
Now about her blog,ever since i have known her, i have been in awe of her writing skills. u know the best part is, as must have been noticed by anybody who haas read this blog, that she is able to express herself so beautifully. it seems as if she is sitting in front of u and telling you all this. every word is so heartfelt.
I know i might be going overboard but don't think any of you would disagree.
I had always wanted her to keep writing leeters, blogs, anything. And i feel so happy that she has done so.
Kp writing gal, lobe ya.